Independent reading and literacy
Become a fluent and independent reader and improve literacy with the help of ReaderPen.
What is ReaderPen?
ReaderPen is a convenient portable tool to support independent reading and literacy. Scan text with this state-of-the-art device to have words read out with natural speaking voices and defined with highest tier dictionaries in an instant. ReaderPen also features a voice recorder and supports to store scanned text.
Everything is built-in and there is no need or requirement for internet connection.
Develop the ability to read and understand
Use ReaderPen to support independent reading of text with natural voices and to better understand the meaning of words – and learn easier. Textbooks, magazines and document, their content can all be unlocked with the aid of ReaderPen.
The digital highlighter – alongside with the text-to-speech function – supports multi-sensory learning and aid language retention. Use the included voice recorder to support learner revisions. Students can record pronunciations or objectives from teachers to develop independent learning.
Exciting ReaderPen features
- Reads text out aloud.
- Looks up and reads out definitions of words.
- No wifi required.
- Scans and stores text internally as well as scans to computer (no software required).
- A voice recorder for memos and to develop vocabulary and pronunciation.
- 3GB user space to store text and audio.
- Speaker and earphone jack.
- Rechargeable battery.
How the ReaderPen Benefits You:
- TEXT-TO-SPEECH TECHNOLOGY: reads words and full lines of text aloud for independent reading
- EASY TO USE: the simple scanning mechanism makes it suitable for children aged 6 years+ and adults
- MULTIPLE DICTIONARIES: includes Colins English dictionary 30th Anniversary Edition and Oxford Primary Dictionary, New Oxford American Dictionary, Vox Spanish dictionary and Cordial French dictionary for enhanced vocabulary
- SCAN, STORE & TRANSFER: provides 8GB of storage so you can upload files straight from cursor to computer with no software required, making it perfect for students, teachers and professionals
- BUILT-IN VOICE RECORDER: easily take dictations in lessons and meetings, then listen back to make note taking that much easier
- RECHARGEABLE BATTERY: provides a simple charge via micro-USB (included), giving you up to 8 hours runtime
- RELIABLE CLASSROOM COMPANION: comes available in a set of ten ReaderPens, perfect for the classroom
- OLED screen 256 x 64
- CPU – 600MHz
- Memory – 8GB (User 1G+)
- USB 2.0 High speed/Micro USB
- Earphones included with 3.5mm jack connection
- Battery : 600mAh
- Scan Font Size Range – 6.5 – 22pt
- Electronic Dictionaries: Collins English Dictionary 30th Anniversary Edition 10th edition, 200,000+ headwords
- Oxford Primary Dictionary, more than 16,500 words and phrases and New Oxford American Dictionary
- Vox Spanish, 60,000+ headwords
- Cordial French, 200,000+ headwords
- Extracted Content: extracted text saved as a .txt file
- File System: FAT\FAT32\NTFS
- Menu Languages: English
- Certifications: CE/RoHS/FCC
- Product: Dimensions: 135*33*19mm / 5.3 x 1.3 x 0.7 inches; Weight: 50g/1.7oz